For any company that is trying to master the power of having a good online presence, it can be a bit tricky. Here are five tips to ensure you’re on the right path to building your online presence.
- Stay cohesive. This is critical especially if you plan on managing different social media platforms. Using multiple platforms works well to reach different audiences if done correctly. Of course, you won’t be posting the same posts from Instagram to Twitter since these are two completely different platforms, but it’s best to keep them connected.
- Plan ahead. It’s always a good idea to make a social media calendar and plan when things will be posted. Planning ahead will help you stay on top of things. Remember that consistency should be a priority when using social media. People want to see what you’re posting, but it won’t be as effective if you don’t post consistently. Also don’t be afraid to stray off your schedule. Tweeting or posting a photo of something that recently happened will keep followers intrigued and keep your posts authentic.
- Use original content. Keep your posts original. Although it might be easier to pull something straight from the Internet, no one wants to see pictures taken from Pinterest or Google. Authenticity is what helps you gain and maintain followers.
- Be engaging. Depending on your company, social media is a great way to connect with your customers or clients. For example, companies have polls on Twitter to get feedback that they can use to improve in the areas that need work. Sometimes companies can be blind to minor problems that make a huge difference to consumers. People like to be heard and if you’re listening to your customers, not only will you be improving your brand, but you are also building brand loyalty.
- Have a good website. If you’re a start-up, your website is what most people will see before they look at your social media.
Although there are many aspects to making a good website, easy site navigation in addition to well thought out designs is essential in order to draw in potential customers or clients. Remember that your website should be changing with your company, a good website isn’t always static.
Having a strong online presence not only makes it easier for you to market your brand, but it also makes it easier for customers and clients to reach you. Since we live in a digital world, having an online presence is essential for any company.
Graphic Created by Claire DeSantis